A Baseball Weblog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Greetings

Welcome to the Don't Bring In The Lefty weblog. I'm a big baseball fan, and hopefully I can convey my passion of the game through this blog. I like numbers, so I'm quite certain that there will be plenty of statistically-oriented posts here. One of my goals for this blog is to successfully use modern statistics and technology (PITCHf/x!) to try to answer questions that we may have or refute claims that we may have heard. For example, is Tim Lincecum's apparent loss of velocity actually having an effect on his performance? Did Mark Teixeira actually see fewer fastballs before Alex Rodriguez returned from his hip surgery? (By the way, the question about Teixeira was already covered and answered earlier in the year.)
That's all I've got for now, so I'm going to sign off. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment